Tennis Club Mostar is a premier tennis destination located in the heart of Mostar. Tennis Club Mostar is a modern and dynamic tennis club that provides a range of programs and services, including professional coaching, tournaments, social events, and top-notch facilities, to promote the growth and development of tennis in the local community and beyond.
At the beginning of the last century tennis was already played in Mostar. From 1901, it was played by Austrian military officers and Mostar gentlemen. Thus, on the 17th March of 1901, a tennis court was opened in the “Rizz’s” Street, across from the “Ćelovine” prison and in the presence of the Mostar élite and many flags and a mixture of all sorts of different things (“Osvit”, 1901).
Several years later, upon return from Banja Luka in which he participated in the establishment of the Lawn Tennis Club (7 August 1907), Miloš Komadina founded the first tennis club in Mostar. That year, most likely upon his initiative and in cooperation with the Mostar tennis players, the National Government organized Men’s Tennis Tournament. The tournament winner was awarded a specially engraved and gold-plated cigarette case, which is also the most valuable preserved object to testify to the history of the tennis sport in Mostar and Herzegovina.
The Old Bridge is engraved on its front side, with the town motif on its back and an appropriate text inside.
The tournament was held at the North Camp tennis courts which functioned until the Second World War. One more tennis court was built in 1928. As published in the newspapers of that time, the Mostar Municipality relinquished the park next to Napredak’s Convent School for the development of the tennis court.
Doctor Fedor Lukač, the then surgeon in the Mostar hospital, established the second tennis club in the 1930's.
Then, tennis came to a standstill, only to revive in the early 70’s of the last century. Thanks to a group of enthusiasts, the tennis club under the name of “Mostar” was re-established in 1977. Its first presidents were Miro Vrgora, Osman Pirija and Šefkija Mahić. Training and competitions took place on the tennis courts in Gornja Šantićeva (near the Olympic swimming pool).
In 1990, the TC “Mostar” was awarded a site in “Raljevina” to build the new tennis courts. Due to the war, they were finished not earlier than in 1999. Nowadays, these tennis courts are among the most beautiful tennis complexes in the country. The club has several hundred members and achieves results of which the environment much larger than Mostar could be proud.
Today, Tennis Club Mostar continues to thrive as a leading tennis destination in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the region. The Club has gained recognition on the international tennis scene, with its hosting of prestigious tournaments and events, its state-of-the-art facilities, and its commitment to excellence, cementing its position as a premier tennis destination in the region.
Annual membership fee for club members